<$BlogRSDUrl$>




  • 14.1.04
    What is to be done, O Moslem? For I do not recognize myself.
    I am neither Christian, nor Jew, nor Parsi, nor Moslem.
    I am not of the East, nor of the West, nor of the land, nor of the sea;
    I am not of Nature’s workshop, nor of the circling heavens.
    I am not of earth, nor of water, nor of air, nor of fire;
    I am not of the Heavenly City, nor of the dust, nor of existence, nor of entity.
    I am not of this world, nor of the next, nor of Paradise, nor of Hell;
    I am not of Adam, nor of Eve, nor of Eden or of Eden’s angels.
    My place is the Placeless, my trace is the Traceless;
    ‘Tis neither body nor soul, for I belong to the soul of the Beloved.
    I have put duality away, I have seen that the two worlds are one;
    One I seek, One I know, One I see, One I call.
    He is the first, he is the last, he is the outward, he is the inward;
    I know none other except “O he” and “O he who is.”
    I am intoxicated with Love’s cup, the worlds have passed out of my ken;
    I have no business save mind’s carouse and wild revelry.
    If once in my life I spent a moment without thee,
    From that time and that hour I repent of my life.
    If once in this world I win a moment with thee,
    I will trample on both worlds, I will dance in triumph forever.


    (Jalal Al-Din Rumi - 1207-1273)

    In Martin Buber: Ecstatic Confessions

    Etiquetas:

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Creative Commons License